This role will work within The Brand Studio to craft solid storytelling through their animation skills and develop visually stunning motion designs. They will work with the video leader, creative director and other Studio team members to concept, design, edit and develop motion graphics for use in a variety of mediums and platforms. The ideal person will be a creative, conceptual, and innovative... individual with a versatile, collaborative approach to the creative process. In addition, the candidate must be self-motivated, driven, and willing to be challenged. The candidate should also be able to effectively juggle multiple internal projects at the same time.
- Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Animate, composite, and edit videos from start to finish.
- Provide motion design work to be included in videos
- Create visual approaches for videos and other motion mediums
- Help with visual research
- Create social media assets for our work across platforms including thumbnail images and original artwork
- Support other art directors and graphic designers in team projects at The Brand Studio
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Work efficiently to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced editor and motion designer
- Understands video workflow and production specifications
- Expert level Harmony Animator
- Should have expert knowledge of working with rigged characters within recent versions of Harmony (v21+).
- Comfortable navigating and working within the Node View.
- A thorough understanding of how nodes work to display artwork layers, composites, connect rigs and templates, etc.
- Should have a good understanding and be able to work with Master Controllers.
- Animator should have a good sense of design and drawing capabilities for custom asset swaps like hand replacements, custom hair designs, etc.
- Able to reference model sheets and replicate design style when customization of rigged characters is needed.
- 5+ years relevant motion graphic design experience in an agency, animation studio, or comparable company
- Experienced storyteller
- Must have experience in 2D & 3D motion, animation, ideation, storyboarding, animation and all related production workflows, including 2D graphic design and 3D modeling experience*
- Must be skilled with Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere*
- Proficient with Cinema 4D and Redshift. Experience with Octane and modeling in Cinema 4D or Fusion a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as camera operator and photographer a plus
- Must be well-versed in searching soundtracks and editing audio
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while multitasking
- Is self-motivated with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Open to new ways of working that lead the industry forward
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities
From $29.87 per hour
- 3D animation: 1 year (Preferred)