What would you say you do here?
- Create memorable acting choices - able to define the characters and offer fresh and original ideas. Develop the emotional content of each scene through strong acting skills.
- Work closely with directing animator and supervising animator to keep characters on model. Set a high quality standard of animation for other animators to follow.
- Ability to take on a range of animation styles
- Able to establish/ create outstanding mechanics
- Consistently finds appealing poses - elevates the quality of any characters’ design or shot* Test character setups and develop new animation tools.
- Ability to solve technical issues independently and/ or knowledge of when to elevate them
- Strong understanding of the CG animation pipeline
- Strong communication skills - able to anticipate any delays to schedule and communicate those issues as soon as possible.
- Open and responsive to feedback or changes
- Teamwork: Mentoring new animators, sharing suggestions and helpful... tips and tricks, seeking out opportunities and efficiencies that drive the department forward. “What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- BA or equivalent gained from a combination of skills and knowledge from education, work experience, and/or training
- 2+ years of professional CG experience
- Character Performance experience.
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends, when necessary
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.“What can I offer?”* Understanding of Rigging
- Drawing skills
- Traditional Animation skills
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as a result of your disability.
You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726