The main function of a 3D Animator is to create backgrounds, scene transitions and/or characters. A typical Artist needs to have a high level of creativity and able to communicate their ideas to both internal and external clients. The ability to be flexible to client demands, work well under pressure and multi-task are required skills...
- Plan, analyze and create 3D visual solutions to animation projects.
- Utilize a combination of hand drawing and computer design to produce special effects and action graphics.
- Prepare sketches or layouts to present to team.
- Create three dimensional models, animations, and visual effects.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Expert ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, electronic and film.
- Expert ability to visualize in 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design.
- Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images.
- Experience with Adobe publishing and graphics software.
- Experience leading a team of artists.
Top must-have HARD skills:
- 3D animation experience, specifically in the area of character FACIAL animation
- Real time animation experience
- Proficiency in Maya and C4D
- Proficiency in Real time Engine such as Unity or Unreal
Good to have skills:
- Proficiency in Motion Graphics production in After Effects
- Proficiency in Motion Capture Animation in Motionbuilder
- Character rigging
- 3D Modeling, Lighting and texturing skill
- Motion Graphic skill is a plus (not a must)
Associate's degree in design and/or certificate in graphic design required. Bachelor's degree in design or related field preferred