The Video Department Head role at Sound Investment ensures that all components of the Video Department...
are operating in unison to meet and maintain a high level of service to SI's clients. This position reports
directly to the Video Systems Manager
- Responsible for all video systems oversight, design, implementation, and management companywide.
- Review video implementations company wide and either approve or correct as needed.
- Train project management and sales on video best practices and help define and develop company standards. Review and report on individual performance to Production Manager
- Assistance with video department hiring in warehouse and field, including full time staff and freelance
- Actively onboard, mentor, and train new hires and existing staff
- Responsible for video tech scheduling, skills assessment, development, and disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Manage video department's company PTO and sick time based on company standard
- Maintain field tech hours at or above 90% billable. Ensure all warehouse projects are scheduled in advance, necessary, and completed in a timely manner
- Work with sub rent vendors to achieve best pricing for video department and help project management team with best equipment over hire practices.
- Review and ensure video inventory is correct, implement proper maintenance, provide ROI on inventory, and assist and consult departmental expenditures company wide.
- Attend events to ensure company standards are met and to capitalize on training and mentoring opportunities
- Execute limited high-level events in necessary required Video position or function as EIC
- Project Manage events as neededBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum ten years in event production
- Multi-destination video systems
- Video Mapping and Projection blending
- Disguise, Watchout, and D3 Media Servers
- LED-Wall implementation
- Personnel Management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (3-5yrs)
- Strong contacts in the IndustryCOMPENSATION
A comprehensive compensation package including salary, commissions, medical and dental insurance, vacation and holidays will be offered.
Sound Investment has become one of the fastest growing event solutions companies in the country. Since 1999, we have grown from a two-man team of system-designers to an award-winning company with offices in New York, Chicago, Miami, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. The range of our products and services has helped us become a leading turn-key provider to the special event, marketing, promotions, and hospitality industries. With a team of innovative associates and stellar customer service, we excel at heightening sensory experience with a commitment to the creative application of state-of-the-art technology across a broad spectrum of events.
Powered by JazzHR