Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals... subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers' creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Experience Development Designer/Animator supports the development and integration of storytelling and motion-based systems through the creation of pre-visualization animations and control system programming. The individual will work with the Guest Experience team in supporting the efforts directly with the Customer to ensure that our ride vehicle technologies support and integrate into attractions and deliver the creative storyline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with high level ride planning by helping visualize the Customer's creative concepts and needs through OEM and custom programming tools
- Develop in-house software to be used to bring the pre-visualized project into production
- Provide system visualization to assist production and troubleshooting
- Use specialized developmental software and visualization tools to assist Customers in communicating their vision for the attraction
- Support the Engineering and Testing teams utilizing specialized tools to program and test motion-based ride systems
- Support Installation teams on final show programming of ride vehicles to synchronize with attraction show and effects
- Support Engineering, Testing, and Installation teams by developing specialized software tools, scripting, etc. to assist in efficiently executing project work
- In-field installation and testing support of ride systems and equipment during final installation and commissioning through specialized visualization and programming tools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a BS degree in computer animation, interactive media, computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related technical field
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in creative design, testing, programming, or virtual simulation environment, in support of applicable industries.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret the creative intent into real-life movements and motions of ride vehicles.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements.
- Must have basic to advanced knowledge of some of the following computer programs: Python, SolidWorks, Matlab, 3dsMax, Maya, Acad
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and apply them to problem solving of visualization and programming of mechanical and control systems
- Basic to advanced understanding of mechanical, control systems, robotic control and theory, animation, and visualization techniques
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT:
- Route and Motion Profile Development for Vehicle Demos
- Utilize Show Programming Tools to Support Feasibility Studies and Component Selection
- Update Show Programming Vehicle Models Per Project
- Utilize Show Programming Tools to Develop Ride Timing Studies and Visualizations
- Support FAT Through Route and Motion Profile Development and System Feedback Analysis
- Conduct Facility Studies Based on Excursion Envelope
- Site File Setup with Station Parking Position Analysis, Grid Layout, Object Definition, etc.
- Site Show Programming with Customer
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT:
- Support Development of Show Programming Software Features
- Work on Joystick Input to Motion Programming Software
- Work on Show Programming Software Manuals
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors