For over two decades, Ghost VFX has collaborated with the very best to create award-winning, innovative visual effects. With contributions to over 100 feature films, episodic and interactive, we are a full-service, global visual effects house. Our talented and dedicated teams around the world make the impossible, possible, fulfilling the dreams of clients and artists alike. With roughly 150 artists and production professionals, we try every day to produce imagery that quietly speaks for itself.
We are looking for a talented Lighter to join our dynamic team! Apply now to join us.
- Work with and support the Lead Lighter, CG Supervisor, and VFX Supervisor to fulfill the creative vision of the show within technical parameters;
- Help create and/or modify lighting templates to be used by the entire crew Help ensure the quality of final shots
- Troubleshoot technical production issues, especially those related to lighting Oversee and help optimize shots for rendering
- Work within... the pipeline and publish tools and scripts as prescribed
- Manage disc space to fit within quota
- Be aware of inefficiencies in any area of the pipeline that are impacting your ability to work efficiently, and flag these issues as necessary
- Work to help correct inefficiencies with the artists and TDs available.
- Excellent artistic skills, with a particular emphasis on real-world lighting/photography an asset
- Understanding of color theory and LUTs
- Excellent understanding of shading, lighting, structure, texturing and silhouette High level of artistic skills, a strong sense of design
- Ability to take directions and adaptable to change
- Strength at improvising and problem-solving
- Ability to work from reference materials such as photography or concept art Good time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of industry-standard software
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
- Exceptional organization skills balancing multiple shows and tasks.
- Passion for creative problem solving Prior company experience
- Tool building and scripting knowledge Knowledge of Nuke and Photoshop
- Some scripting skills (Python, lua, bash);
- Linux experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar roleKnowledge of Katana and/or possibly Houdini
- Knowledge of one or more of the following, depending on show requirements: Vray, Mantra, Renderman
- Demonstrated ability to work with strict deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to take direction and find creative solutions during the iterative process
- Strong attention to detail
- High School education or equivalent required BA/BS in applicable field preferred
- Ghost VFX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law