The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s four studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects. Animators create high quality motion of computer generated characters, creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
- Collaborate with team members in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and... producing high quality work
- Expected to “mentor” Entry Level Animators and must be able to support and assist them with their shots.
- Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
- Occasionally provide animation references including video recorded performances as part of assigned shot work and to support the animation teamWhat we’re looking for
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation and 3 years experience OR at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stop motion or computer animation.
- Proficiency with Linux desired
- Expert understanding of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
JoinILM OrgID : 35576