Animators work on a wide variety of projects, types and styles of animation with guidance from Animation Supervisors and Leads. Animators work on intermediate to complex animation tasks with adherence to the production schedule and deadlines while producing final, high-quality animation. Animators can conduct training sessions approved by their supervisor and can help with... mentoring Apprentice and Junior Animators.
- Works with the animation team on intermediate to complex animation tasks.
- Produces final, high-quality animation for keyframe, motion capture, in-game,
- cinematic sequence, VFX and shot based work.
- Delivers work in the style and the artistic direction of the project.
- Collaborates with and takes direction from Animation Directors, Animation
- Supervisors, and Animation Leads.
- Interacts with production and supervisors on shot deadlines and deliverables
- Implements changes and finishes shots in accordance with the production schedule.
- Participates in dailies, rounds and team reviews.
- Able to decipher and follow through on shot notes and feedback.
- Maintains an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes
- and shifting requirements.
- Attends training classes to grow their animation skill set.
- Has the opportunity to conduct their own training with Supervisor approval.
- Has a working knowledge of necessary production tools.
- Can help in mentoring Apprentice and Junior Animators.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently.
- Proficient with working in Autodesk’s Maya.
- Able to work on a wide variety of Animation projects and styles.
- A working understanding of Unreal Engine is helpful but not required.
- At least one-two years of animation experience.
- Bending, crouching, twisting.
- Reaching above and/or below shoulder.
- Handling/grasping documents or office equipment.
- Sitting extended periods of time.
- Clear speaking and adequate hearing sufficient to communicate effectively and
- respond appropriately in-person and/or on the telephone.
- Vision sufficient to read source materials and computer screen data.
- Repetitive motions for computer equipment use.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment using standard office equipment.
- Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 25 pounds occasionally