We’re The Leith Agency - Scotland’s leading creative agency. We’re a bunch of creative, digitally-minded, content-loving people based in Edinburgh and Manchester. Established in 1984 on the docks of Edinburgh, Leith has come a long way from its ad agency roots. Ranked the most successful regional creative agency in the UK last year and the 22nd biggest overall, the business now delivers its trademark bold ideas through digital, experiences, social and health, alongside advertising, production and design working with a bunch of incredible clients, including IRN-BRU, Nando’s, The Scottish Government and The Famous Grouse.
With exciting growth plans in place, we’re looking to appoint a dynamic and effective Lead 3d Animator.
The role will be to support the Head of Production on 3d and VFX projects within a multidisciplinary studio and enhancing Leith Studios animation capabilities.
You will be responsible for consistently delivering exceptional 3d advertising work for a... variety of clients. Your vast knowledge and experience will be used to manage other Animators in the team, developing their skills and capabilities.
- Someone who can take the lead in creating superior animations for high-profile clients, providing creative expertise, and offering solutions to enhance the output with high technical standards
- Enhance the conceptual ideas when briefed with limited information. Offer creative and strategic recommendations whilst demonstrating your own creative flair and style to produce impressive animations
- Advocate knowledge sharing amongst the Animators; pro-actively share your experience, work and expertise.
- Pro-actively seek out and take onboard internal and external feedback to strengthen your craft and create the best possible output, making amends as necessary with a positive attitude
- Track award-winning creative trends, developing your craft to enhance the effectiveness of the work we produce
- Lead by example in all aspects of organisation, process, and attention to detail
- Assess the overall performance of the Animators, providing mentoring and guidance, and suggesting innovative ways of working
- For those you line-manage, proactively aid their progression, and develop them for more complex projects
- Research new ways of animating and continually review practices
- Ensure that you keep up to date with relevant industry advancements, and proactively share this internally
Skills And Experience
- Confident with taking the lead on 3d animation projects
- Able to work well on your own to develop ideas, whilst also providing direction for the wider animation team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A proven track record of creative flair in 3d and VFX
- Previous experience working as a Lead Animator, or Senior Animator ready to take a step up
- A stand-out showreel / portfolio to demonstrate your 3d and VFX ability
- Confident in the use of After Effects, Element 3d, Cinema 4D, Redshift, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Confident in executing both short and longer form animations, demonstrating a wide array of visual styles, product design and a strong understanding of VFX
- Experience of working in a fast-paced studio environment with quick turnaround times
- Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work at an award-winning agency with smart people who have a huge variety of skills
- A cycle to work scheme to save you cash for saving the planet
- Quarterly, company-wide events featuring all kinds of bold thinkers
- Hybrid and Flexible Working
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- Vitality Private Health Insurance
- Mentoring Schemes that allow you to reach your full potential
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Your birthday off
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A boat, yes you heard that right! Our own boat where we host client meetings and parties
Leith is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We want everyone working here (or at home) to be able to reach their full potential, feel like they can be themselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, a mentoring scheme, and take an individual and flexible approach to supporting staff from different backgrounds. Please feel free to discuss any working requirements you have in your interview